Imaginationeering’s Printer Guide – Top 7 Best 3D Printers
Ultimaker 2 – For Enthusiasts
The Ultimaker 2 is easy and reliable, designed for the best experience in 3D printing. Featuring a .4mm extruder capable of an amazing 20 micron layer resolution, 12 micron XY precision, and 5 micron Z precision, the Ultimaker 2 is the best consumer 3D printer available today.
Operating Temperature: 15-32°C. Storage Temperature: 0-32°C. Supported OS: Windows XP+, Mac OS X 10.6+,Linux Ubuntu 12.10+. Supported File Types: STL, OBJ, DAE, AMF. Included items: Spool holder, Glue stick, Power supply, USB cable (for firmware only), Test print, Hex wrenches, Grease.
Supported Filament: PLA, ABS, CPE.
Max Layer Resolution: 20 microns.
XY Positioning Precision: 12 microns. Z Positioning Precision: 5 microns.
Print Speed: 30 mm/s – 300 mm/s. Travel Speed: 30 mm/s – 350 mm/s.
Filament Diameter: 2.85 mm. Nozzle Diameter: .4 mm.
- Build area: 230 × 225 × 205 (mm)
- Unmatched with its max print speed of 300mm/s and 20 micron layer resolution
- Industry-leading print-to-size ratio. Small footprint, large build volume.
- Heated bed smooths prints and allows for ABS printing.
- Product Dimensions: 15.3 x 14.1 x 13.5 inches – 30.9 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 33.8 pounds
- ASIN: B00LLF5QNO
- Item model number: UM2
Replicator 2X – For Enthusiasts
For 3D printing experts who want to explore the frontiers of 3D printing, the MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer is a full-featured desktop 3D printer with experimental dual extrusion that is optimized for printing with MakerBot ABS Filament. Create professional-quality, high-resolution prototypes and complex models. The superflat heated aluminum build plate is optimized for ABS and machined for crucial flatness to prevent warping or sagging that can affect build quality. Be ready for cutting-edge developments in ABS filament technology and multi-material 3D printing. Experiment with overhangs and internal structures using MakerBot Dissolvable Filament as solid infill material.
- Build area: 246 × 152 × 155 (mm)
- For 3D printing experts exploring 3D printing frontiers.
- Full-featured desktop 3D printer with experimental dual extrusion that is optimized for printing with MakerBot ABS Filament
- Print in two colors through precisely aligned dual nozzles, without swapping filament or pausing your print.
- Product Dimensions:
19.1 x 20.9 x 12.8 inches – 28 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 47.8 pounds
- ASIN: B00H9KQKH6
- Item model number: MP05927
Makergear M2 – For Enthusiasts
MakerGear M2 is the low maintenance 3rd generation 3D printer. Box contains M2 welcome package; M2 tools package; M2 miscellaneous package; M2 spool holder with screws; M2 power supplies, power cords and USB cable; spool of PLA; sample prints (fully assembled only); M2 printed parts package; M2 hardware package (no picture). Black powder-coated rigid steel frame. CNC machined black anodized-aluminum axes mounts. Precision X and Y linear rails. Precision ground and polished steel shafting. 4-start lead screw with integrated NEMA 17 stepper. Platform heater included. includes 1K spool of 1.75 millimeters PLA plastic filament. The plastic handle, extruder mount, spool holder and other plastic parts used on M2 are all printed in-house on production M2 machines. The power supplies work in the US and internationally (local plug is included). Six-month limited warranty. The MakerGear M2 is manufactured in NE Ohio.
- Large 8″ x 10″ x 8″ Build Envelope
- Work Out-Of-The-Box With ABS, PLA, PET, Nylon, Flexible and More
- True High-Quality Linear Motion Components
- CNC Machined Precision Hardware On A Rigid Fabricated Steel Frame <- Made in the USA
- Open Design. No Proprietary Filament Cartridges.
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 19 x 20 inches ; 36.6 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 36.6 pounds
- ASIN: B00ELUOERA
Zortrax M200 – Plug ‘n’ Play 3D Printer
Zortrax M200 3D Printer with one spool of white Z-ABS filament.
Physical dimensions without spool: 345 x 360 x 430 mm (13.6 x 14 x 16.9 in)
Physical dimensions with spool: 345 x 430 x 430 mm (13.6 x 17 x 16.9 in)
Shipping box: 460 x 470 x 570 mm (18.1 x 18.5 x 22.4 in)
Weight: 13 kg (28.7 lbs) Shipping weight: 20 kg (44 lbs)
Temperature Ambient Operation Temperature: 15°-35° C (60°-95° F)
Storage Temperature: 0°-35° C (32°-95° F)
Electrical AC input: 110/240V ~ 2 A 50/60 Hz
Power requirements: 24 V DC @ 11 A
Power consumption: ~ 190W
Connectivity: SD card (included), *WiFi Printing
Print technology: LPDTM – Layer Plastic Deposition
Build volume: 200 x 200 x 185 mm (7.87 L x 7.87 W x 7.28 H in)
Layer resolution settings:
Advanced: 25-50* microns (0.000984-0.0019685 in)
Standard: 90-400 microns (0.003543-0.015748 in)
Minimal: 400 microns
Optimal: 800+ microns
Resolutution of single printable point 400+ microns
Filament Diameter 1.75 mm (0.069 in)
Filament Type Z-Filaments
TM Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm (0.015 in)
Minimum single positioning: 1.5 microns
Positioning precision X/Y: 1.5 microns
Z single step: 1.25 microns
Extruder maximum temperature: 380° C (716° F)
Heated platform maximum temperature: 110° C (230° F)
- Build area: 200 × 200 × 185 (mm)
- Plug and Print: Start printing in minutes.
- Efficiency: Low material and energy costs
- Many Printing Materials: Choose a variety of materials to print your model.
- Compatible with any operating system and any 3D modeling software.
- Product Dimensions:
23 x 18 x 18 inches – 28.7 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 41.1 pounds
- ASIN: B00NVTQ9JS
- Item model number: ZORTRAX_M200
Craftbot – Budget 3D Printer
Craftbot is a Plug & Print 3-Dimensional Printer allowing both beginners & experts alike to print anything they want using a wide variety of filaments such as PLA, ABS, HIPS, FilaFlex, Woodfill, Bronzefill and many more exotic filaments! Craftbot comes with its own Slicer & Printing software. Craftbot is great for those with no experience in 3D Printing!
- Build area: 250 × 200 × 200 (mm)
- Craftbot is a Plug & Print user friendly 3D Printer, works right out of the box!
- Craftbot is an easy to use machine, high degree of tweaking is possible.
- Craftbot is compatible with any operating system and 3D modeling softwares.
- Product Dimensions: 14.2 x 16.1 x 15 inches – 39.7 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 39.7 pounds
- ASIN: B017702D96
Rostock MAX – DIY Kit
From it’s huge build volume to the amazing community of builders you’ll quickly learn why so many people have chosen the Rostock MAX v2 as their go-to machine. From first time builders to seasoned enthusiasts it has everything you’ll need to get involved in 3D printing. From the lasercut framework to high quality injection molded parts it’s built to last too.
- Re-designed hot-end platform and Delta arms and mounts for worry free assembly. No Sanding Required!
- Lower parts count means faster assembly time.
- Top mounted spool holder shortens length between EZStruder and spool, and minimizes machine footprint.
- New Base enclosures protects your electronics from dirt/dust, and gives your kit a clean, attractive appearance.
- New Top design provides more rigidity for better prints, and easier assembly and calibration.
- Over 1300 cubic inches of build volume (11″ Diameter by over 14 3/4″ height).
- Made in the USA – high quality, laser cut, injection molded and CNC machined parts manufactured by us.
- EZ Struder and Hot-End set up for 1.75mm filament.
- High torque NEMA 17 stepper motors.
- Standard .5mm nozzle – Easily changeable to other available sizes.
- ATX power supply for safety and easy upgrades.
- RAMBo by UltiMachine electronics – the best available 3D printer controller.
- Tinker-friendly electronics and hardware. Many extra places to add your own mods to both.
- Borosilicate Glass build plate for safety and precision.
- Appx. 20hrs. to assemble (time varies based on skill and any mods made during the assembly).
- Build area (Cylindrical): Ø 280, h 375 (mm)
- Heated Bed
- SD Card Reader
- Excellent Assembly Manual
- Uses 1.75mm filament spools
- DIY Kit for the builder in you
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 19 x 32 inches – 42 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 42 pounds
- ASIN: B00XCMBZQG
- Item model number: 84399
Form 1+ – Resin 3D Printer
HIGH- RESOLUTION 3D PRINTING. RIGHT ON YOUR DESKTOP
The Form 1+ is an award-winning desktop 3D printer, that makes stereolithography (SLA) printing technology accessible to engineers, designers, and artists. The gold-standard in professional 3D-printing, SLA uses a high-performance laser to harden a light-sensitive polymer, creating ultra-detailed parts with a smooth surface finish.
Our suite of high-performance materials, formulated by our in-house team of material scientists, is designed to work seamlessly with the Form 1+ 3D Printer. From robust, precise prototyping, to a growing library of Functional Resins the Form 1+ can get the job done.
- Prototyping Resins: Grey/Clear/White/Black
- Functional Resins: Castable, Flexible
With the Form 1+ comes our software package, PreForm. A comprehensive 3D printing solution, PreForm automatically generates sophisticated support structures, while giving you manual control over every aspect of the 3D printing preparation process.
Start printing in minutes with the Form 1+ 3D printer’s plug-and-play interface. No calibration or assembly required. The Form 1+ 3D Printer package includes everything you need to get started.
ONE-YEAR WARRANTY & CUSTOMER SUPPORT
The Form 1+ ships with a comprehensive one-year warranty, as well as free, unlimited access to our team of support experts, who can help you with any questions or concerns.
- Build Volume: 4.9 x 4.9 x 6.5 (in)
- Stereolithography (SLA) technology
- Print at 25/50 or 100 micron layer thicknesses
- Winner of CES 2014 Innovation Award
- One-year warranty and comprehensive customer support
- Includes Form 1+ 3D Printer, Finish Kit, PreForm software, and 1L of Resin in the color of your choice (Functional Resins excluded).
- Product Dimensions:12 × 11 × 18 inches
- Shipping Weight: 28 pounds
- ASIN: B00R4X1GKY
- Item model number: F1-P-PKG